In order to cancel a membership, an application to cancel needs to be completed. Remember that it is only an application and that an administrator will be in contact with you to finilise the cancellation. Here are the basic therms & conditions for cancellation of a membership, please refer to our full terms & conditions.
Termination & suspension of membership:
- A Member may resign from the Club on written notice given at any time. The written notice must be given to the Club at least 20 business days prior to the next payment date. This means that the Member shall be liable to the Club for the value of one month’s membership calculated from the date the Club receives the Member’s notice of cancellation.
- A member must give written notice of his intended cancellation of the agreement by way of addressing and sending notification via registered post to the Club at EFT Administrators, PO Box 28965, Danhof, 9310 or by completing the notification on official forms available at the respective Club. The cancellation notice may also be sent by facsimile to 086 660 3531 or emailed to “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- Where the member cancels the agreement prior to the expiration of the minimum term, the member shall give written notice to the Club at least 20 business days prior to the intended date of cancellation. The member shall be liable for 10% (ten per cent) cancellation fee. The cancellation penalty shall be calculated on the balance of the agreement up to date of cancellation. For example, where a member signs a 12 month contract and cancels in the third month, the penalty shall be 10% of the total value of the balance of the contract + the annual maintenance levy (that is, the Rand value of the remaining 9 months x 10% + the annual maintenance levy). The member shall then be liable and undertakes to pay all monthly membership fees, discounts and any other concessions granted to the member that remain due and payable at the date of cancellation. The aforementioned amounts must be paid within 20 business days from the date of cancellation.
- On the expiry of the minimum term of this agreement, the agreement shall continue on a month-to-month basis as set forth in clause 2, unless the member directs the Club to terminate the agreement.
- The member is responsible to verify that no further deductions from his/her account after the approved cancellation months. No refunds will be done longer than 3 months after the approved cancellation months.
- Extensions: for a valid reason with documentation (medical/business) may be extended for a minimum of 1 month and a maximum of 6 months within an annual cycle. School holidays/holidays are not deemed as a valid reason for extension. A levy will be due for approved extensions.
- All discounts shall be granted to the Member provided this contract endures the full duration.
- Where the Member terminates the agreement prior to the explanation of the minimum term, any discounts given to the Member shall immediately become due and payable.