Club rules & regulations
To help ensure your safe use and enjoyment of our facilities, we have established the following rules and regulations that we require everyone to follow. Please note that from time to time we may find it necessary to amend or add to these rules and regulations. Rules and regulations may also be orally communicated to you or contained on signs posted in the Club. Please review and familiarise yourself with them. Please contact your Club Manager if you have any questions.
- Members and guests must check in at the front desk upon entering The Club by presenting their membership cards to the receptionist.
- Members may not loan their membership cards to anyone. If you allow your card to be used by a non-member, it may result in penalties.
- Lost or stolen cards must be reported immediately. A new card will be issued at a cost to the member.
- All members including all junior members must have an access card.
- If membership fees are in arrears, access will be denied to the membership card holder.
- If a member signs in more than 3 times within a month period, The Club will issue the member with a new membership card at his / her expense.
- We reserve the right to deny use of The Club to any person whose attire we do not consider to be appropriate in connection with the public image of our Club and our rules and regulations.
- No attire or personal hygiene that discredits the standard of The Training Edge Health Clubs will be accepted.
- Athletic shoes are required in all exercise areas.
- No ragged clothing, cut-off, or cut-down shorts or pants, half shirts, curlers, jeans, swimsuits or sandals are allowed in the exercise or aerobic areas.
- Be considerate and help to maintain a high standard of hygiene. Use a sweat towel at all times and wipe equipment before you proceed to your next “work station”.
- Junior members will have free access to the Club until they turn 19, providing that their parent(s) are members. The free membership will expire on the date when the abovementioned child turns 19 years of age. He/she must then join on the current single membership rate applicable at that time. He/she will qualify for the same type of membership as the parent as long as that membership is active and paid up to date.
- Junior members under the age of 14 years must always be accompanied and supervised by the parent(s) / legal guardian(s) when accessing the club and at all times while in the club (unless signed into Child Care).
- Child Care is provided for junior members from the age of 6 weeks. Junior members aged 15 and older may make use of all facilities without supervision.
- Junior members may only use the Child Care facility provided their parents are in the Club (the parent / legal guardian is required to present his / her access card when using the Child Care facility).
- Members using the Child Care facility are required to abide by the Club’s rules regarding Child Care.
- Junior members aged 4 years and older are not permitted to accompany their parent / guardian into the change room of the opposite gender.
- Paying members take preference over junior members at all times regarding the use of all equipment and facilities.
- Juniors will gain access to the club provided that their parents monthly debit order payment were received.
- All junior members will be required to pay a full joining fee.
- All guests must complete the Guest Register and release & waiver before accessing the club.
- You must accompany your guests and will be held responsible for their conduct in the Club.
- All guests will be charged a set fee to use the Club’s facilities, unless they are the bearer of a guest voucher.
Use of the facilities
Please do not linger on the equipment because other members may want to use it. No member should monopolize the equipment or weights. If there is a sign-up list for the use of the equipment or a maximum time limit on its use, The Training Edge Health Clubs expects all members to follow the rules. In short, observe gym ettiquette. If there is a conflict over use, let The Training Edge Health Club Management resolve it.
You’ll benefit from using the equipment correctly, so please ensure that you gain instruction from our staff. No instruction or supervision may be given or reveived by any other person than an appointed staff member or personal trainer of The Training Edge Health Clubs
CIRCUIT, ELECTRONIC & FREE WEIGHT EQUIPMENT
- All misuse of equipment and slamming or dropping of weights is prohibited.
- For your own safety equipment may only be used after instruction from an instructor.
- While doing a circuit, please move with the timer and use the equipment in numerical order.
- Please replace all weights and equipment after use.
- Adhere to time limits if specified on equipment – it makes it easier for everyone.
- No food, drinks or bags are allowed on the training floor.
- Please wipe all equipment after use with provided cleaning materials.
GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES
- Inform instructor of any injuries.
- Classroom Etiquette: Do not enter the aerobics room after the class has started. Be courteous to the members exercising around you.
- Do only those exercising that the instructor and participants are performing. Try to avoid having to leave the class before it has finished unless absolutely necessary.
- The Training Edge Health Clubs or any staff member will not be held responsible for any loss or theft of any property, including firearms. Firearms to be handed in at reception.
- Lost property will be donated to charity if not collected within 7 days. The Company does not accept responsibility for lost property or for members’ property left and / or stored in the Club.
- The member undertakes to keep valuables with him / her or locked away at all times while using the facilities.
SWIMMING POOLS (where available)
- Swimming caps and appropriate swimming attire is compulsory. In so doing you will help us to maintain the hygiene and “pH’ levels in our swimming pools.
- No food or drinks are allowed in pool area.
- Children under the age of 13 years must be under adult supervision at all times.
STEAM ROOMS & SAUNAS (where available)
- Shower before entering.
- Sit on a towel in the sauna area.
- No glass bottles permitted.
- Sufferers of high blood pressure or any cardiac irregularity must not use these facilities
- Children under the age of 13 are NOT permitted to use the sauna or steam room.
- Refrain from shaving in the steam room or sauna. Even though you may consider it something of a minor transgression, any activity with the potential to cause bleeding is a threat to hygiene.
- Lockers are available at no extra charge for daily use only by members & guests.
- Member is to provide his/her own lock and to ensure that it’s the correct size
- Lockers will be cleaned out at close of the club every evening and labeled as lost property. No responsibility will be taken for any items stolen or missing.
While in the facilities, The Training Edge Health Clubs does not permit and will not tolerate any inappropriate conduct. Such conduct includes, without limitation, using loud, abusive, obsessive, insulting, demeaning language, or profanity or any conduct that harasses or is bother-some to members of The Training Edge Clubs.
- Any member may be expelled by the management for violation of any rule of the Club or for any conduct which in the opinion of the management is detrimental to the welfare, good order and character of the club.
- Damage to the Club property shall be paid for by any member who willfully or neglectfully causes damage.
- Members are responsible for damage incurred by dependent children or guests.